Saturday, March 3, 2012

Another baking gathering

Found some young friends who love baking and cooking (except of K who can consider as my "old" young friend )...

I was cracking my head what to cook for lunch ... previous lovely dishes like BC's baked rice, Fang's sis chicken wings came into my mind ... plus a few other dishes.

This bake rice portion was for about 5-6 persons, however, when it was cooked, I thought the servings was too small. I got rather worried that it might not be enough for five people, so I quickly fried some bee hoon.
My simple fried bee hoon with char shao meat ...

Fried chicken ...Bacon with asparagus and golden mushrooms
Ready-made fishballs and otah cakes from West Coast Market
Home-made concoction of can fruits, ai-yu and black jelly
The young ladies looking very happy ... looks like advertisement for bakery items ..
Starting the baking process ...
Well, our baking session wasn't as successful as I hope. Somehow, the cupcake batter overflow the cups after baking and the banana muffins seems too moist. We realized that the baking measuring spoons seems to be the culprit from the fact that the cupcakes seems to "suffer" from over-dosage of baking power and soda ! (Hmm .. I got a new set of J.O measuring spoons to replace!)

It was a lovely Sunday to spend with the ladies. Full of laughter and jokes. The ladies helped me to wash the dishes and clean up the place. I was most impressed by their speed of cleaning ! Last but not least, steamed muah chee to eat as we talked !