Australia is no longer a place where we find it to be more affordable than it did a decade ago due to higher standard of living and currency inflation. Every meal at cafe and restaurant can really burnt a big hole in the pocket. Yes, we were really spoiling ourselves there based on noble CK's travel philosophy!
So for this particular morning breakfast (the cheapest meal so far), we bought a box of frozen pies and muffins from Coles Supermarket to be re-heated in the microwave! I must say that the muffins tasted great despite that they were too sweet!
In the morning, we chose to walk to Circular Quay and Harbour Bridge.
We passed by this charming structure called "Queen Victoria Building" where it housed some branded shops! It is the first shopping center in Sydney!
One of the bakery shops we passed by ... nice display of cupcakes!
It was a good 30 minutes walk with a stop at Queen Victoria for a washroom break before we reached the famous Circular Quay area!
CK proceeded to the Harbour Bridge meet-up point for briefing and change of clothes to climb the enormous bridge!
Some early birds at the boardwalk ...
A young couple with their Photographer for a morning romantic shoot.
I took in the lovely sights as I strolled along the well-made path towards the Harbour Bridge. Bridge climbers were beginning to start their morning climb and I thought one of them must be CK and waved frantically to catch his attention! In fact, someone waved back at me! I must be a laughing-stock or an overly-friendly person as I realised that CK was not climbing during that time slot! Lol ...
Opera House.
Eye-catching sail-like building structure erected to be the talk of the town ... as she sits there quietly for years for endless passers-by to admire her beauty and grace. She looks especially distance and yet peaceful to me on that day across the harbour ...
It was definitely worth the effort to wake up early to visit this world famous landmark before the crowd and tourists populated this place! It was indeed true to the word that the early bird catches the worms. It was extremely peaceful to be strolling along the almost empty Circular Quay area to take in its beauty at one's time and leisure!
The weather was perfect and the entire circular quay was created seamlessly in every aspect! The spectacular Harbour Bridge was visible almost from every turn and the Opera House was just not too far away from the harbour!
Early afternoon as the crowds populated the quay ...
Sydney is almost easy to blend in with the number of Asians walking on the streets. You don't feel lonely or extremely out-of-place in this cosmopolitan city. The city vibe of Sydney is both alluring even from visitors like us from another city!
Anything can happened in Sydney including what you can see from the sky! As I walked along the path to meet CK after his climb, I spotted a letter "S" on the blue sky. I didn't give much thought to it until an "A" began to form on the sky. A tiny airplane was writing on the sky! I was rooted on the path trying to figure out what word was the airplane trying to form .... yeah, I was there for a good 10 minutes!
The Rocks.
Rows of white tents lined the path to sell expensive exquisite hand-made items.
Really nice to look at but too pricey to purchase.
Still it was quite interesting to explore this open-air "masa-malam" ...
Rows of white tents lined the path to sell expensive exquisite hand-made items.
Really nice to look at but too pricey to purchase.
Still it was quite interesting to explore this open-air "masa-malam" ...
It was a busy day ...
The view from the Botanical Garden ... able to view the Harbour Bridge and Opera House ...