Saturday, February 11, 2012

Banana Muffins with chocolate chips

Feel like banana muffins baking today ! OMG ! How come I am craving to try out different recipes almost every weekend ? Anyhow, I brought these muffins to MIL's house to distribute ! Verdict ... nice ! I left a couple for next day breakfast and they tasted even better. The muffins were more moist and the real bananas taste became more intensify !

Should fill up the cups 3/4 full or slightly more ...
Bake after 25 minutes .. baking muffins was a breeze ... your kitchen will be filled by the aromatic banana lovely smell when they were baking !

Ready to be eaten ! Frankly, I would prefer without the chocolate chips, they somehow "steal" the aromatic banana taste .... however, both tasted nice too.

Ingredients: (makes 9 regular size muffins)

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
  • 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips (last ingredient to add in the batter)

Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease muffin cups or line with muffin papers.
  2. Mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. (I have a added a little vanilla essence to enhance the taste) Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened (don’t over mix!) and then fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.