Sunday, January 15, 2012

Chinatown 2012

Lunar New Year is just around the corner ! The "Dragon" year sure comes earlier this year in January and everyone is in rush of time to do spring cleaning and shopping.

Personally for me, I would love to visit Chinatown at least once before Lunar New Year to feel the festive mood. Went with mum to shop in O.G and browsed around the streets before heading to her house for dinner with dad and CK.

We arrived in Chinatown in the afternoon. It was pretty hot by then ... look at the clear blue sky. However, this is consider as a good weather for the vendors selling their New Year items along the streets. Bad weather will deter the crowd away.

The "dragon" at the beginning of the garden bridge.

The "dragon" on the middle of the garden bridge. This year, there are no temporary stalls set on the garden bridge which is great. This really ease the people traffic on the bridge across the road to Pagoda Street, Smith Street, Sago Street, Temple Street and Trengganu Street.

Cuter version of "Dragon" toys on sale !

Yes, certain streets are rather crowded. Mum and myself just breezed through the lanes.

Taiwanese sweets and jellies were rather popular choices for CNY treats nowsaday. They do not come cheap though.

Artificial coloured Pussy Willows spotted !!! Oh, I prefer the original white colour Pussy Willows.

Another festive cut flowers ...
Lovely fruits and vegetables ...

Pamelo fruits

Lanterns and windmills ...

Chinese sausages, waxed ducks etc ... I don't really know how to appreciate the Cantonese waxed duck. I believe have never eaten one before.

Beautiful hanging ornaments. Very tempted to buy some but I have more than enough at home.

Very excited that CNY is coming and looking forward to the long holidays and reunion dinners.

(These photos were taken by EP3 camera. )